Gaiam to Roll Out New Premium Yoga Product Line
Seven Unique, Professional Quality Mats
NEW YORK, Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media and fitness accessories, today announced the launch of Gaiam Sol, a premium yoga line developed by yogis for yogis, with attention to responsibly sourced materials, mindful design and quality construction.
"Gaiam has always had, and will continue to take pride in our leadership role within the yoga community," says company president Bill Sondheim. "Since Gaiam began, we’ve been at the forefront of working with top yoga talent to create innovative yoga products. We believe that through the practice of yoga, we can connect to our community, our world and to our truest self. Through the development of the Sol line, we have found another way for Gaiam to honor and give back to a community that continues to support us."
Inspired by traditional Sanskrit words, each Sol product embodies the spirit and tradition of the practice and includes the following:
- Bhakti Ultra-Light Yoga Mat (“Bhakti” is Sanskrit for Devotion): The Bhatki Ultra-Light Mat is just 1mm thick and weighs 1lb, 12oz. making it ideal to pack up and take with you wherever your practice leads.
- Suddha Eco Yoga Mat (“Suddha” is Sanskrit for Purity): With an eye toward renewable resources, this mat is constructed of TPE, a sustainable material that is 100% recyclable and 100% biodegradable. TPE is slip-resistant and employs a unique closed-cell structure that locks out moisture, germs and odors.
- Shakti Rubber Mat (“Shakti” is Sanskrit for Power): Designed to help yogis practice strength, stability and grace, the Shakti Mat is constructed of 100% natural rubber with a stabilizing core that prevents bunching and stretching, as well as a fabric-like, slip-resistant texture.
- Adara Rubber Mat (“Adara” is Sanskrit for Respect): Designed to respect the tradition of daily practice, providing stability and support, the Adara Mat is made with a 100% natural rubber core overlaid with a durable cotton mesh. Providing a secure grip without being sticky, this mat’s texture performs well wet or dry.
- Jala Rubber Mat (“Jala” is Sanskrit for Flow): This 100% natural rubber mat is overlaid with a fine, open mesh for a unique and superior grip, while its vibrant tonal pattern is meant to encourage total immersion in the moment.
- Atman Yoga Mat (“Atman” is Sanskrit for Soul): Designed for balance, comfort and stability, the Atman is 72” in length, making it perfect for the taller practitioner. Two unique slip-resistant textures (different on each side) combine with high-density cushioning for unparalleled support.
- Uttama Premium Yoga Mat (“Uttama” is Sanskrit for Excellence): This luxurious mat provides the line’s highest level of cushioning, without sacrificing performance. Boasting a thick, 100% natural rubber with a structured core for balanced resilience and a fabric-like surface for ultimate stability.
Each of the mats also come with Gaiam’s Mat Lifetime Guarantee. Any registered Gaiam Sol yoga mat that wears out will be replaced with the same or a comparable mat, at no charge.
The mats range in price from $39.98 to $89.98. For more information, please visit www.gaiam.com/gaiamsol.
Gaiam, Inc. (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories. With a wide distribution network that consists of 64,000 retail doors, 14,600 store within stores, 5,600 media category management locations, a digital distribution platform and more than 10 million direct customers, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for healthy and eco-conscious living. The company dominates the health and wellness category and releases non-theatrical programming focused on family entertainment and conscious media. In addition, Gaiam has an exclusive licensing agreement with Discovery Communications and other licensing partners. For more information about Gaiam, please visit www.gaiam.com or call 1.800.869.3603.
SOURCE Gaiam, Inc.
Released August 2, 2011